Mate Master 200 / 100 / 50 GRT Software (Near Coastal and Oceans)
This software currently contains questions, answers, and illustrtions for Rules of the Road, Deck General, Navigation General, Deck Safety, T-boat regulations and Chart Plotting Questions (The training charts can be obtained here.)
In the Deck Resources folder are several manuals, many of which are required to solve the USCG questions. The following list of manuals are in pdf format and can be printed or transferred to a portable device:
1981 Nautical Almanac
Exam Ref Light List Coast Pilot
Exam Ref Stability Binder
Exam Ref Tidal Currents 1983
Exam Ref Tide Tables 1983
NOAA Nautical Manuals
Pub 102 International Code Of Signals
Pub 117 Radio Navigation Aids
Pub 229 Volume two sight reduction tables
USCG Rules of the Road Manual
USCG Chemical Data Guide
U.S. Navy Seaman
U.S. Navy Damage Control
U.S. Navy Lookout
U.S. Navy Nautical Skills Course
U.S. Navy Quarter Master
See Products for screen shots and general information or download the latest manual to see all of the features available. See warranty and shipping and sales tax information.
The Mariner Advancement testing application provides...
- a reference for the USCG book, question, and illustration number.
- USCG illustrations and Internet links to new or additional illustrations when available.
- the ability to revisit previously answered test questions during the test.
- the option to display all answer choices or only display the correct answer.
- the ability to tag questions while testing and the ability to revisit the tagged questions through the tag question menu.
- a choice to the number of questions per test.
- a full search utility of all questions and illustrations.
- a feature that temporarily removes correctly answered questions from the question bank, allowing the user to focus on the more difficult questions rather than wasting time reviewing questions they already know. The user may reset the question bank at any time, restoring the removed questions.
- a speech synthesizer that is capable of reading the current question or the entire test.
- preview screens, which reduces study time by allowing the user to determine if they need to take the time to load the explanation or illustration in full screen mode.
- the ability to take exams over and over with no time restraints, valid per user agreement.
- one year of free updates.
- distribution on a USB drive so you can take it with you. Study on your vessels computer and study at home.
- compatibility with most PCs with a USB port. Please check system requirements below.
Minimum System Requirements:
- Microsoft Windows™ Version 7, 8, 8.1, or 10 with x86 architecture such as Intel or AMD processor. Not compatible with Microsoft Windows with ARM processor, Windows RT™, Surface Pro X., or Chromebook. If
purchasing a new computer, ensure it uses x86 architecture and not ARM architecture.
- Latest version of Adobe® Reader®
for Desktop (available for free online from Adobe®)
Mouse, compatible pointing device, or touch screen.
1024 X 768 Screen Resolution