Mariner Advancement is not required to, and does not, collect sales or use tax for states other than Florida. Under current law, purchases are not tax-exempt merely because a seller is not required to collect. Check with your state for filing and payment requirements. The following states required the posting of this notification - Washington State
All software is distributed on USB drives for easy transport between home, school, and work. No time limits. No limit on the number of tests. Our software will not lock you out.
Flashing Lights / Morse Code
Mariner Advancement Flashing Lights / Morse Code seeks to train
mariners to read and transmit Morse Code by flashing light. Flashing
Light exams are a requirement by USCG for certain deck licenses in
accordance with STCW standards. To be an able signalman you
must know international Morse code consisting of: twenty six letters
of the alphabet, the numbers zero through nine, and eight punctuation
marks, (punctuation marks are not required by the coast guard and
have been omitted from the exam section of this training software).
The following lists the sections of the Mariner Advancement
Flashing light / Morse Code software that will allow you to gradually
progress to completing this U.S.C.G. requirement.
Mariner Advancement Flashing Light / Morse Code consist of the
following training exercises.
- Morse Code -
Learn Morse code by entering and receiving dots and dashes.
- Flash Single
Character - Start learning flashing lights by coding and
en-coding single characters by flashing lights.
- Character Groups
- Learn to encode and decode character groups such as, "ABC",
- Random Character
Groups Exam - Take practice exams just as you would at
a U.S.C.G. approved flashing light
schools on Random Character Groups.
Code of Signals Exam - Take practice exams just as you
would at a U.S.C.G. approved flashing light
schools on International Code of Signals Exam.
See Products for screen shots and general information or download the latest manual (below) to see all of the features available. See warranty and shipping and sales tax information.
Download the Flashing Light manual here for more information and screen shots.
The Mariner Advancement testing application provides...
- a reference for the USCG book, question, and illustration number.
- USCG illustrations and Internet links to new or additional illustrations when available.
- the ability to revisit previously answered test questions during the test.
- the option to display all answer choices or only display the correct answer.
- the ability to tag questions while testing and the ability to revisit the tagged questions through the tag question menu.
- a choice to the number of questions per test.
- a full search utility of all questions and illustrations.
- a feature that temporarily removes correctly answered questions from the question bank, allowing the user to focus on the more difficult questions rather than wasting time reviewing questions they already know. The user may reset the question bank at any time, restoring the removed questions.
- a speech synthesizer that is capable of reading the current question or the entire test.
- preview screens, which reduces study time by allowing the user to determine if they need to take the time to load the explanation or illustration in full screen mode.
- the ability to take exams over and over with no time restraints, valid per user agreement.
- one year of free updates.
- distribution on a USB drive so you can take it with you. Study on your vessels computer and study at home.
- compatibility with most PCs with a USB port. Please check system requirements below.
Minimum System Requirements:
- Microsoft Windows™ Version 7, 8, 8.1, and 10, Windows Surface and Windows Surface Pro (not compatible with Windows RT™ or Windows 10 S, neither of which run desktop apps.)
- Mac with Microsoft Windows installed using Bootcamp or Parallels (not VMware™)
- Latest version of Adobe® Reader®
for Desktop (available for free online from Adobe®)
Mouse, compatible pointing device, or touch screen.
1024 X 768 Screen Resolution