Chief Mate & Master Unlimited Oceans & Near Coastal
||Question Bank Size
||Num of Questions on Exam
|Q100- Rules of the Road
|Q101 Q102- Deck Gen Part 1 & 2
|Q103- Deck Safety
|Q104- Deck Safety: Stability Prob.
|Q105- Nav Gen: Near Coastal
|Q106- Nav General: Oceans
|Q107- Nav Problems: Chart Plot
|Q108- Nav Prob.: Near Coastal
|Q109- Nav Problems: Oceans
- Navigation General module will be either Near Coastal or Oceans depending on route requested.
- Near Coastal routes do not take Q109-Navigation Problems: Oceans
- Raise of Grade: Applicants Raising Grade from Chief Mate to Master may do so without further examination
- Increase in Scope: From Near Coastal to Oceans requires Q106- Navigation General: Oceans and Q109- Navigation Problems:Oceans
Each Rules of the Road question is linked to the corresponding rule. Click to view.
Includes over 500 pages of terrestrial navigation explanations.
Includes over 125 pages of deck general explanations.
Includes chart plot training HD videos from introduction to charts and tools to three complete fifteen question exams, one for each chart.
Deck Stability and Celestial questions are included in the application but we recommend these printed explanations as an addition.
Item 5001: $54.95
Deck General and Stability Calculations for Master 500 GT through 2nd Mate Unlimited Vol 1
Item 5003: $49.95
Terrestrial Navigation Problems worked-Out For Master 500 GRT Through 2nd Mate Unlimited Vol 2
Item 5005: $54.95
Celestial Navigation Calculations Worked-Out for Master 500 GT through 2nd Mate Unlimited Vol 3
Item 5006: $29.95
Celestial Navigation (Upon Oceans)Textbook Vol 6
To follow along with the deck instructor in the chart plotting training videos you will need these training charts, one divider, and either two protractors or one protractor and one parallel rule. The training charts are rolled and shipped via USPS media mail, express mail is not available for this item.
Item 8003: $28.00
Weems & Plath Ultralight Dividers/Compass, 7 inch
These digital PDF resources listed below are located on the flash drive, see the first video above for an overview.
- Light Lists & Coast Pilots
- Manual loading MV Grand Haven
- Nautical Almanac1981
- Stability Binder
- Tidal Currents1983
- Tide Tables1983
- NOAA National Weather Service
- NOAA Nautical Chart Symbols & Terms
- NOAA Nautical Chart Users Manual
- Pub102 International Code Of Signals
- Pub117 Radio Navigation Aids
- Pub226 Magnetic Compass Adjustment
- Pub229 Vol2 Sight Reduction Tables
- USCG Chemical Data Guide
- USCG Rules Of The Road
- Several U.S. Navy Deck training manuals
See products for testing application screen shots and general overview, and warranty and shipping and sales tax information. See the latest Software Guide and User Manual to see all of the features available.
- No internet required
- One year of free updates
- Practice tests by unlimited random tests
- Test by tagged questions
- Test by text search of questions
- Test by illustration search of questions
- Test by subtopic
- Easy, touch enabled interface
- illustrations display with question
- Speech synthesizer to read questions
- Option to show correct answer only
- Books and reference material
- Written explanations for many subjects
- Chart plotting videos for deck
Minimum System Requirements:
- Microsoft Windows Full Desktop Version 7, 8, 8.1, 10, or 11 with x86 processor.
- Works with Surface Pro, Surface Go, or any Windows PC that does not use the ARM processor.
- Not compatible with the ARM processor, for example - Surface RT, Surface Pro X, Chromebook.
- Latest version of Adobe Reader for Desktop (free from Adobe)
- 1.0 GHz CPU
- 4 GB RAM
- USB-A port or USB-C port with adaptor
- Mouse, or touch screen
- 1024 X 768 Screen Resolution